Well another race down, only two more to go this year!! Russ and his friend Randy (a.k.a. Hannah's boyfriend) competed in the Taming of the Slough this past weekend and....TOOK SECOND PLACE! They were pretty excited about it, and I must admit that I am too. I didn't even think they were contenders to place cuz there are a lot of people out there who make these races their life. It was a 2 mile canoe, 2 mile run, and 7 mile mt. bike ride. Their trophies are pretty sweet too. You can see them in the pic, but they are made out of giant pieces of rock. I made the mistake, before I saw the trophies, of suggesting that he let Hannah have it. I totally thought that they would be those lame trophies with the bowling man/business man/sports figure on top. Russ wasn't too happy with me for that suggestion.
So after church on Sunday Russ had a meeting so we had to stick around for awhile and wait for him. Our friends husband was in the same meeting and the children were getting pretty restless, so she had the brilliant idea of shutting them in that little foyer area in between the two sets of doors. Such a great idea. They could run around to their hearts content, and we couldn't hear them screaming.
And here's Emma being her cute self. She is getting so big, and changing every day. She almost rolled over yesterday and I about died. She loves to talk to her sister, and gets so excited every time she sees her.











5 comments:
Congrats Russ, thats exciting!!! I just don't have the motivation to do that kind of thing so I think people who do are amazing. I think the picture of Hannah posing next to the corn is cute.
wow 2nd place! that is way impressive. cute pics of your girls.
Wow! Congrats on the race! That is awesome! Locking the kids between the doors is a great idea! I'll have to try that one out!
Well thank you for the compliments. That is so sweet. Your girls are so cute. Nicole talks about Hannah all the time.
Love the pictures- especially of Emma. Cute girls!!
Post a Comment