Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Yea for Fall!

I am so excited that Fall finally seems to be here! The 80 degree weather in the end of September has been driving me crazy! We love this time of year at our house, and I am SO excited to be able to enjoy it this year. At this time last year I felt like death most days, well every day actually. I am not one that enjoys pregnancy, mainly because my life is spent in the bathroom...Anyhow. The leaves are changing colors, and the smell of Autumn is in the air. I always knew I loved this season when we lived in Utah, and I really do miss driving through the canyons and seeing how beautiful the trees are when they start to change colors. But out here it is something completely amazing. Everywhere you look the trees are changing into beautiful colors, and life just seems to slow down, and I feel like I have more time to enjoy the small things.
Now onto the really fun stuff. M is changing so much every day, and here is the latest example. She has learned to hold her own bottle!! We couldn't believe it. She has been on the verge of so many new things lately, and this was the first one to break through.

And this picture is just for fun. She still loves bath time, and loves getting dressed even more. Crazy, huh. Banana absolultely hated getting out of her bath. M would remain without clothes all day if I didn't care about her having a diaper on.
When my parents came out to visit they bought Banana this really cute Halloween sucker making kit. She has been dying to test it out for weeks now, and last night for FHE we finally opened it up. It was pretty fun, and not as huge of mess as I feared. Thanks Mom and Dad!


My exciting news is that I have started teaching dance again! It is only for one night a week, but i Love it. The girls are so cute, and it felt like coming home again when I walked into the studio. I knew that I had been missing dancing, but I didn't realize how much until I started teaching again. I am even more anxious now for Dad to graduate so we can settle down and I can open a studio! I teach at the same studio Banana takes from, and I really like all of the people that teach there. Banana still loves every minute of her class, and she loves to come home and practice all of her new moves. I'll have to get a video posted on here soon.
Also, I needed to update really quick that Dad found out that his team took 2nd, not 3rd in the adventure race!! He was so excited. It's fun to see his enthusiasm for these races, and I can't help but get excited for him. Only one race left this year, and I'm not too disappointed about that. I wish we could go with him, but I don't really want to stand out in the freezing November air for two hours with my little girls. Call me crazy!

6 comments:

M.Howerton said...

I also Love Fall! Love Cooler weather! Love the Leaves! Love the Trees Changing colors!

Why can't the weather be like this for 3 solid months instead of summer? Wouldn't that just be a great place to live?

Cindy said...

This is my favorite time of the year too. Which means many treats for my friends!!! I am appy that you are enjoying teaching dance. I know how it feels to do something you love. I love to play softball but, because of my knees I can't. I still love to go out and throw the ball around, though.

You are giving me so many ideas for FHE this fall. Tomorrow I am going to the store and buying one of those haunted house ginger houses.

This is long....Hannah is at such a wonderful age to be able to do fun stuff with. I did that kind of stuff with my sisters kids and now they are in their teens...enjoy it! Even if it is stressfull or messy. You will remember it forever!

Tell your husband good job for me!! he's awesome!

Sandra said...

Oh that is so exciting that your teaching. I would love to do a class a week...just to stay sane :) Fun pictures, thats nice that she can hold her bottle now!

Lindsay said...

I wish it could be fall all year round! I love it too! I am so happy that you are teaning dance agian! you were always so great at dancing! Hope everything goes great for your new class! Kaden and I love making suckers too. We havent for a while so thanks for the idea! Buy the wa your girls are so freaking cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I ran across your blog and just wanted to tell you that your daughters are so cute!!

Emily said...

Your girls are so adorable! That's so exciting that you're teaching dance. I am taking my first dance class after about 6 years and I agree that it feels really good to be back in a dance studio! I'm sure you're a fantastic teacher :)