Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A Shower and a Gate!

What a fun couple of days we have had! This past weekend some of my fabulous friends threw me a baby shower! It's not traditional for your second baby, but they insisted on doing this for us. I am so grateful for that. We had a great time, and it was fun to just relax and be around friends. On that same morning Russ and Hannah went on their first daddy-daughter "gate." They were both so excited about it, and Russ is excited to start this tradition. Every time Russ and I go out Hannah tells us that we are going on a gate, and has always wanted to come with us so we figured now was a good time to start this with her. I got her dolled up that morning and her and Russ dropped me off at the shower then headed to the children's museum for some fun. It is a good thing she has a fabulous, patient dad because he spent two hours there with her and probably 200 other children. I have been having some horrible guilt over having another baby, and the changes it is going to bring for Hannah, so it is so nice to know that Russ is always so willing to step up and be there. I have said it before but he is an awesome dad!
Here they are getting ready for their big "gate!"
My fabulous friends Cindy and Kim at my shower.

We finally had have some beautiful weather and have been taking advantage of it. Yesterday we took Hannah down to the river for a walk, and to let her run around for a while. The water level is so high! We couldn't believe it when we saw it. It made me a nervous wreck to have Hannah running around, but she did surprisingly well at listening to us...not her best trait lately :)

She insisted on playing her own version of pooh sticks even though they just kept floating down the river because there was no bridge...



I finally decided to get busy getting stuff ready for the baby, and that involved a project I have been wanting to do for a while. A friend of mine out here re-did an old dresser in a really neat way so I decided to copy her idea and totally redo Hannah's 26 year old dresser. I am pretty happy with how it turned out, and I have confidence now to take on some other home projects!

The finished project. I am not the most creative person so I am proud of how this turned out!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

I am happy that Russell and Hannah had fun on their "gate." This may be a tradition that I might have to borrow from you.

You are fabulous too, and we had fun doing your shower. I like to have parties. Friends are great!!

Love your randoms!!

Cindy said...

I love the dresser!!