Friday, July 29, 2011

What Really Matters

I've been in a funk lately. The stresses of this particular pregnancy combined with starting a new business and trying to get it off the ground have taken its toll. When I do have free time all I want to do is cuddle up with my girls and my hard-working hubby and just breathe. So if I have been lax in answering phone calls, emails or texts I really am sorry! The summer is flying by and I can hardly believe that my Banana starts Kindergarten next week. Next week! When did she turn into this not-so-little girl anymore.

Sometimes I look at her and just want to freeze time. Life comes at you so fast that I find it hard to figure out just where the time went.
I am grateful for times like this past weekend where we were able to escape "real" life for a bit and enjoy some time together as a family. We headed to Price for a family reunion and to see our California family. I don't think the girls stopped playing for one second.

The cousins played so well together and we are super sad that we only get to see them a few times a year. My girls are smitten with The Boy, and Em and The Girl are two peas in a pod. Their temperaments and personalities are so similar that all I loved hearing them interact with each other.

Every year for..well my whole life, we have gathered at my Grandma's N.'s house on the 24th of July for their annual parade and park festivities. This year the parade had a family theme and we found out last minute that my Grandma REALLY wanted to do something for it. (We were hosting her family reunion this year so it worked out perfectly). So my amazing mother threw this float together in two days and made my Grandma's dream come true. She told us she couldn't sleep the two nights before the parade because she felt like it was Christmas!
If you look in the background you can see my uncle pushing my sweet, sweet Grandma.
(We found out the night before that it was on my nephew's bucket list to be in a parade this summer so we were happy they could come join this side of the family and be in the parade)!


The weekend was finished out perfectly with fireworks and quality family time. Moments like these need to come around more often!

2 comments:

Kyla Armstrong said...

We were so glad we could come with you guys to the parade. Thanks so much for including us!

Sara said...

I love the girls smiles in the sparkler pictures! So cute!