Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Bleh

This is what has been going on at our house. We're all sleep deprived. We're all cranky. And we're definitely not One Happy Family at the moment. :) I was talking to a friend a few weeks ago saying how blessed I felt that my kids were very rarely sick...and the next day the puking started. Then the runny nose, the cough, the fever, etc. The funnest surprise of all was when Em woke up yesterday morning looking like this...

Our first thought was chicken pox, but that was ruled out when none of them started blistering or scabbing. (And we literally have not been ANYWHERE for two weeks). I called the pediatrician's office and they basically told me to wait it out. It's not itching, and her fever is gone. Waiting it out is so EASY for me because I am definitely the kind of person who never panics about anything. Ever.
She tried some new foods the other day, so I'm crossing my fingers it's just an allergic reaction. I've spent too much time reading my parenting books and on the internet and imagined every worse case scenario. It looks a lot like fifths disease, but the rash isn't following the pattern they said it should...so we wait. And try and get some sleep.

10 comments:

Emily said...

So sad. That reminds me of a time I got hives all over when I was a little girl. No fun :(

Cindy said...

She is stinkin cute.....even with a rash. Cute! Cute!!

Jamie said...

Christa- This looks exactly like a reaction to an antibiotic? Was she on anything? Just a thought...

Sandra said...

It looks like fifths disease to me. Hopefully she gets over it soon. Sorry, sick kidos is no fun.

Mike and Larissa said...

poor girl...

Kikal said...

AAHH! However, I don't think it's lacy enough for 5th's...too blotchy. Also, Steve is in his pediatric diseases rotation right now - so if you have any more scary diseases come up you could call him - and he could scare the crap out of you :) (That's what he does to me all the time).

T-Fam said...

Sad! Poor little Em. I hope she gets better soon.

Deidra said...

poor girl and poor mommy. hope she is better.

jm said...

Poor girl :( I hope everyone is better now.

flyingeese said...

Omigosh! That is too crazy sad. I am so glad she is finally feeling better.