Our first major storms hit this past week, which meant a lot of snow days, and a lot of crazy ppl freaking out about the weather. The stores ran out of most everything the day before the first storm and I think the whole city pretty much shut down. The good news was that work was cancelled. Bad news being that Banana's pre-school got canceled one day. I tried really hard to convince her it wasn't my fault and that no one was going that day. Then we drove past her school to go shopping and there were cars in the parking lot...not pre-school cars, but she definitely didn't believe me when I tried telling her again there was no school. :Sigh: It was FREEZING, and just like our previous years here I forgot how cold it actually gets here in the winter months. Or maybe I purposely block it out because it's so painful to remember. :) The first "snow" day there wasn't a lot of snow, but plenty of ice and wind. Banana has been dying for the snow to arrive so she could play, and was pretty disappointed when we went out after the first storm and there wasn't very much snow.
(notice the beautifuil, clear sidewalks in the background? Running Man gets to plow a our whole square block and the paths around the church. But he said he didn't mind it this year because Banana loves the snow so much).
After a few tears we convinced her she could still do her snow angels, and she perked up even more when we started throwing snowballs at her dad!
This was Em's first real experience playing in the snow. We took her out last year, but she couldn't run around and play so she didn't get the full experience. She loved every minute. Her snowboots are hand me downs from Banana and are slightly large on her...she was fine walking, and sitting down. But to go from one to the other wasn't her favorite. She couldn't figure out how to swing her massive boots under her body and stand up. Hilarious. Kind of sad. But mostly hilarious.


I think this is the last chance I'll have to post before we take off for our Christmas adventures. I'll post some pics from the sunny Bahamas when I get a chance! Have a WONDERFUL Christmas!!
After a few tears we convinced her she could still do her snow angels, and she perked up even more when we started throwing snowballs at her dad!











3 comments:
Fun! I can't believe that we have more snow than you guys! We can't wait to see you guys!
Love the snowman hat!
I just love seeing little kids bundled up for the winter. They're like cute little marshmallows! Have some really Disney fun :)
Post a Comment